Auditions for Noteworthy are typically held during the first week of Fall semester. More specific information on this year's auditions can be found here around the beginning of the semester. Stay posted!
What To Expect
- Warm-up range test (this will be done in a group) to determine your vocal range.
- 60 second a cappella solo in a style of your choice. Please choose something contemporary, not classical, that best suits your vocal style.
- Part singing from the hymn book. Expect to be asked to sight read the tenor, alto, and soprano parts in range.
Call-backs are usually held the following Saturday, at 10AM. Call-backs will involve learning selections of several songs and learning and performing choreography.
The number of openings we have every year differs, but we typically look for sopranos, altos, very low voices (basses), and vocal percussion.
Please come prepared and ready to perform. We're looking forward to seeing all of you!
Requirements to be in the group
- You must be a full-time female BYU student.
- You must be willing to commit to 9 hours of rehearsal a week, plus gigs. We usually rehearse Tuesday and Thursday nights and Saturday mornings.
- Must be willing to commit to TWO full semesters, Fall and Winter, and possibly other engagements during Spring or Summer.
- Hard-working, positive attitude and committed to upholding the standards of BYU and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Every year, Noteworthy is typically involved in:
- Two semester retreats
- Various gigs on and off campus
- Submission into the International Competition of Collegiate A Cappella
- Recording tracks for Noteworthy's next album
This is an opportunity for you to develop singing and dancing skills, arrange music and further Noteworthy's goals on campus and in the a cappella community. This is a once in a lifetime experience to share the gift of music, be involved in activities at BYU, learn and grow together as a hard-working group, and have lots of fun.